The British Dyslexia Association
The British Dyslexia works for long lasting and sustainable change for the benefit of dyslexic people. This includes:
- Providing specialist qualifications as the body accrediting courses in dyslexia for teachers and assessors.
- Carrying out diagnostic assessments through our specialist assessors and psychologists throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
- Running over 400 training events a year for educators and employers covering dyslexia and dyscalculia on our e-Learning platform and face to face. Bespoke onsite training is also available.
- Selling books on dyslexia, past webinars and learning resources through our shop.
- Conferences and webinars for parents, teachers are available to book through the website.
- Running the Dyslexia Quality Mark, a framework of support and understanding for schools and organisations to ensure that everyone within the organisation has a good knowledge of the needs of those with dyslexia.
- Leading Dyslexia Awareness Week, which runs in the first full week of October.
- A free, volunteer-run National Helpline offering impartial, confidential advice for those with dyslexia, parents, teachers and employers.
- Membership for organisations, professionals and individuals wishing to support us.